Steel baths have gained great popularity due to their good performance and low cost. When choosing, the main attention should be paid to the parameters of this product.
Features of the choice of the size of bathtubs from steel
A steel bath must meet the wishes of all family members, be comfortable, and also fit into the room according to the design decision. In any case, it is better to start by measuring the room and drawing up a detailed sketch, because besides the bath there should be a washing machine, accessories and other furniture. Be sure to note the point of connection plumbing.
When choosing a bath should take into account a number of nuances:
- Bathroom dimensions. If space permits, then you can choose a sedentary version measuring 120 × 110 cm. In this case, the unusual length is compensated for by an increased width and height of 80 cm.
- For tall people, a suitable size is 170 × 70 cm, and for short people, a length of 140 cm is sufficient.
- Product volume depends not only on its parameters, but also on the slope of the side walls.
- Depth of construction. Making a choice between two products of the same width and length, you should pay attention to the depth. Great depth looks impressive, but it’s extremely uncomfortable to use.. This is especially important for the elderly and children.
- Picking up the widthshould take into account the dimensions of the largest member of the family. For comfortable accommodation, the distance between the walls of the bath and the body should not be less than 5 cm.
- And important a matter of economy. So, to fill a bath with a size of 150 × 70 cm, a much smaller volume of liquid is required than for parameters 170 × 70 cm.
Attention! It is worth knowing that it is good to stay and fully relax only in a reclining state, therefore great importance should be given to the length of the bath.
Standard Steel Bath Sizes
Steel is considered lightweight and easy-to-use material. Due to this, manufacturers produce unusual models of different designs. Some options are made on individual parameters. Standard sizes are as follows:
- width - from 70 to 85 cm;
- length - from 150 to 180 cm;
- depth - 65 cm;
- height - from 50 to 80 cm.
Standard models are lightweight: up to 30 kg. This is due to the thin walls of the font (3 mm). therefore the product is easy to deform and cannot be fixed behind the side walls of the structure.
The advantage is that steel baths are very convenient both in transportation and installation.
There are also standing structures for people with diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In appearance, they are a floor-standing pool with a hermetic door. Sizes - from 0.8 × 0.8 m to 1.2 × 1.2 m with a height of 1.6 m.
Important! Be sure to measure the width and height of the doorway so that it does not happen that after purchase the product will not pass through the door.
Model selection criteria
The choice of plumbing should be approached seriously, as it is bought for a long period of time. It should be comfortable, beautiful and reliable. Will consider main criteria for choosing a bath:
- Wall thickness. Thermal insulation properties and sound insulation depend on this parameter. The optimal value is 3.5-4 mm. If the thickness is less, the enamel will flake off, and the walls can change shape.. If the bath is easily moved from the spot and even lifts, then, most likely, this indicator is broken. After all, the wall thickness directly affects the weight of the product. Baths with walls thinner than 3 mm are suitable only for bathing babies and people with low weight.
- Coating quality. The smoothness of the enamel is easy to check by running your hand over the surface. It is worth making sure that there are no chips and other rough edges. Coloring should be uniform over the entire surface.
- Check "by ear". To do this, a little knock on the walls of the bath. It should make an even sound, without rattling. In high-quality modern models, additional noise insulation is provided by rubber linings.
Reference! In cheap models, the legs of the bath are very weak. In such cases, it is better to put on a homemade brick podium.
A wide range of steel baths will allow you to choose a model depending on the wishes of the buyer. In most cases, baths of standard sizes are preferred. With the right choice, the product will delight the owners for at least 15 years.