Almost every home has carpets, as it is a great alternative to flooring. But in life, different things can happen: an accidental cut, spilled wine or other stains on a carpet product. It is good if the pollution is noticed in a timely manner and immediately eliminated, but sometimes various types of spots are not noticed for several days, after which they are much more difficult to remove.
Why is it difficult to remove stains of wine and blood from the carpet
After a certain time, the blood tends to coagulate, and the wine is eaten into the structure of the tissue. It is for this reason that these contaminants are difficult to remove. To avoid this, you need to consider certain recommendations:
- Any contamination is easier to remove while it is fresh, so there is no need to delay the process.
- To prevent the wet stain from spreading, it must be blotted with toilet paper or a napkin, moving from the edge to the middle.
- Do not forget that the carpet can be adversely affected by the treatment of the coating with hot water or cleaning against lint.
- If the contamination is very dry, you can get rid of its particles with the blunt side of the knife blade, so it will not smear during cleaning.
How can I get a fresh stain from blood or wine
The easiest way to get rid of a fresh spot:
- First, the contamination must be wet with a clean rag to remove excess fluid;
- make a composition of 1 tbsp. ammonia and half a glass of cool water. Treat the stain;
- Use a napkin or a clean rag to remove liquid ammonia from the surface with tangential movements. Try not to rub the contaminated area;
- Clean a dirty area with a neutral detergent that does not contain bleach. You can use liquid soap or colorless dishwashing detergents. Gently wipe the contaminated area with a brush. Wipe the stain with a damp cloth dampened with clean water. Then remove excess moisture with a tissue;
- if the pollution is not gone, peroxide can be used. The tool treats the dirty area and leave for half an hour. After it is washed with warm (not hot!) Water and excess moisture is removed again with a napkin;
- wait until the surface of the carpet dries.
A way to remove a dried stain from a carpet
It is quite simple to cope with only left and timely detected stains of wine or blood, but what can be done if the pollution has already eaten into the carpet? This may seem like an overwhelming task, but still it can be done. There are several ways to do this, they are used taking into account the means that are in the house.
To do this, you may need:
- Detergent for dishes.
- Brush with a hard pile.
- Laundry soap, which is made on the basis of bile.
- Clean warm water.
- Rags, napkins.
If a dishwashing detergent is at hand, it can be used as follows:
- wipe the dirty area with a brush;
- vacuum the stain;
- pour a little detergent into a glass of warm water;
- mix until foam;
- blot the contamination with the resulting composition;
- rub with a brush;
- remove dirt with a damp cloth.
Attention! Not all stubborn stains are removed immediately. As a rule, you need to try again several times.
The next method will require laundry soap with the addition of bile. This tool perfectly corrodes any dirt, in particular blood and wine. The instructions for use are as follows:
- moisten the contaminated area;
- rub thoroughly with soap;
- allow the medium to soak for an hour;
- brush thoroughly;
- use a damp cloth to remove residual dirt;
- remove the remaining moisture with a dry rag;
A universal way for old and fresh dirt can be a special tool to remove stains from the carpet. If an industrial composition is used, then it is imperative to follow the recommendations of the manufacturer.